[TenTec] ORION and Inrad 762 vs Orion II CW selectivity and tone

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION and Inrad 762 vs Orion II CW selectivity and tone
From: "yahoo email" <barbiekenw@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:50:35 -0700
My Orion II is 2.059 software.
The Orion (not Ver 2) is 1.372 software.
But do not construe my comments as any kind of negative on the Orion II.  It is
fine.  They are both fine.  My comments are more
as being surprised by how great the  "older" Orion with the 762 sounded in
comparision.  These receivers have great front ends.

Ken K5WK/7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
K5WK/7 wrote:
 >It sounds even clearer than my Orion II and tentec 600 cycle
filter, and seems easier to tune/peak a weak signal.

         Ken, there is little hardware difference
in the analog signal path for an Orion + Inrad 762
versus Orion II + TT 2001.  The differences you
are hearing are more likely due to firmware.  What
firmware versions are in each radio?

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV