[TenTec] Re: Price Check, TT Argonaut 509

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Price Check, TT Argonaut 509
From: "Curt" <rhulett1@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:36:59 -0600
I recently bought one from QTH, had been watching them in various places.
$150-$250 for everything you mention seems to be the norm.

It's amazing for a 30 year-old rig.  The receiver is quiet, selective, and
sensitive.  The VFO is very stable. I've been wondering whether these old rigs
are inherently quieter than the new synthesized models.  Have made a lot of
good contacts on 40 & 20 CW, very surprised receiving an answer to CQ on 20
meter SSB, followed by a good signal report and nice long chat.  I was actually
just checking to see whether the rig worked on SSB.  The transmitter only puts
out about 2 watts!

73, Curt KB5JO