Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Orion RX and Monitor "Going To Sleep"

To: "'Carl Moreschi'" <n4py@arrl.net>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Orion RX and Monitor "Going To Sleep"
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:24:03 -0600
It may be more reliable, but I've found my Orion I running Ver 2.056 (DSP
2.01b26) occasionally "wakes up" in the state Eric has described.  I hear it
most often on 17m, and, as he noted, power cycle fixes it.  I've never had
it happen after the rig is on and operating properly.  So, it appears there
is a possible hiccup on power up that will still cause the 'feature' to
happen.  It's easy to tell - there is no signal audible on the band, and no
noise pulses (which are abundant in my neighborhood), but otherwise it
sounds normal with background noise, etc.  So, here's another data point on
that, for whatever it's worth.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas