[TenTec] Older Ten Tecs and Roofing filters

To: tentec@yahoogroups.com, tentec@contesting.com,tentec@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [TenTec] Older Ten Tecs and Roofing filters
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:02:57 -0800 (PST)
In looking over the reviews and other on-line sources
for rigs, it looks like some of the older Ten Tecs
(Omnis, Corsairs I and II, but not the Paragons) use a
low first IF (9 mhz or so) with crystal filters there,
as well as in the 2nd IF.  So the filters in the first
IF would be a roofing filter, correct?  Just like what
Icom and Yaesu are now discovering, if I understand
the roofing filter concept. This should make the close
in spacing on the Corsair II and these other rigs very
good, correct?

73s John W5TD