Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 50, Issue 27

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 50, Issue 27
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:32:40 -0500
Doing things the old way is fine.  I'm not attacking that.  Please continue.

However, as we all know, the hobby is rapidly declining in terms of numbers
of active Hams, and the age is rapidly increasing.  Unless we offer some
modern facets of the hobby to interest today's youth, soon there will be no
hobby at all.  Our precious frequencies will be reassigned to uses with
modern relevance.

So lets make sure we encourage computers, digital modes, and so forth, to
interest young people.

Once they are in the hobby and active, they can always be encouraged to then
learn the code, and to enjoy operating legacy radios and the like.  I am
sure many of them will do so.

Regards,

Gary, AA2IZ