[TenTec] Orion2 Anomaly w/MK2R+

To: microHAM@yahoogroups.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion2 Anomaly w/MK2R+
From: Neal Campbell K3NC <nealk3nc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:17:01 -0500
I swapped my Orion for a O2 at christmas as well as got a MK2R+ which
is a tremendous upgrade of the shack! The MK2R+ is connected to the
Microham Band Decoder just so you have a full understanding of the
setup.

I am having a strange thing occur when using this setup with Writelog
and Win-Test (have not tried it out in general operating modes yet).
It seems that very soon after establishing the contest program and
setting things up, the Orion 2 will somehow "reset" to frequency
0000.00. Sometimes I can just punch the band button to return to
where I was before the "reset", sometimes I cannot. I have noticed
that sometimes it apparently scrambles the internal memory of the O2,
as i can go into the menu and the settings will be corrupted (well
actually the setting titles, the settings themselves I am not sure
of). In this case, a power recycle restores things (and it will
sometimes do the "reset" again.

I cannot tell if this is an artifact of the MK2R+ or the O2.

I also have seen a variation where it appears that the rig will
revert to another band-stacked setting (which is usually at the
beginning of the band in question, like 14000.00 for 20m).

I am running the latest on both the O2 as well as the MK2R+.

Any ideas?

Neal Campbell K3NC
nealk3nc@gmail.com

visit our DX Spotting clusters at: dxc.k3nc.com

"Devoted to Dogs: How to be your dog's best owner"
Great Dog Book  at www.abrohamneal.com