Re: [TenTec] 12 Volt boost ckts

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 12 Volt boost ckts
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:33:51 -1000
Hi Gary,

> As for reinventing the wheel.....these kinds of things I advocate have been
> around the renewable energy crowd for years.  Its just that they get no
> attention, especially in Ham radio where there is virtually no comment on
> them that I've seen.

I subscribe to Home Power magazine. I recommend it to everyone who has
any interest in alternative energy systems or backup power systems. One
thing I find lacking in Home Power magazine is discussion of RFI
generation and or susceptibility in inverters, charge controllers and
other electronics used in alternative energy systems. I'm sure that some
of these gizmos create RFI and some  will get messed up by RF. There are
probably some that are quiet and some that are not affected by RF. How
would I know which ones?

DE N6KB