Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII Comparison Test

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII Comparison Test
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:33:13 -0500
It is just as Rick said.  The S meter reads the same regardless of
attenuator or preamp setting.  The only other radio with th is quality is
the rx340.

Also, there is one other thing that has not been mentioned about the Omni
VII.  Tentec put the power supply over current trip circuit directly in the
Omni VII.  This means you can use ANY power supply and still have the over
current protection built in.  You do not need an airpax circiut breaker with
this radio no matter what power supply you are using.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635