[TenTec] T-T 509 band edge alignment ?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] T-T 509 band edge alignment ?
From: <n4elm@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 20:31:23 -0800
Anyone ever have to align the band edges on a Ten-Tec 509?

On the newest project radio, a 509, I have finished re-greasing the PTO which
works smooth now but the radio must have set up a long time cause the grease
was just a sticky residue which required WD-40 and pliers to loosen the shaft
enough to disassemble it.

Anyway, now that it tunes, a check of the lower band edges shows a 20 - 30 KHz
difference from band to band with 40 Meters being off by the 30 and the others
closer at ~ 10 KHz or so. The manual mentions adjusting the band inductors for
band edge and band tuning width but does not mention which inductor controls
which function.

Yea, I can just try tweaking one and see where it goes but I was hoping someone
has done this before and can start me off in the right direction.

Thanks - Dave