Re: [TenTec] emergency power via generator

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] emergency power via generator
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:19:47 -0500
This is a very interesting point.  Kind of ironic that I am allowed to have
a 1000 gallon propane tank 15 feet (and Uphill !!) from my house, but they
would limit gasoline storage to 5 gallons.  Ironic too that my 4 cars have
about 100 gallons of gas in them.

Anyway, what we do here since I have a large lot is I quietly store a few
(new) 6 gallon cans of gasoline about 350 feet from the house in a screened
off area.  No one seems to mind, and should they catch fire by some
miraculous method, there is nothing for them to burn.  Perhaps not quite
legal, but safe.

In the worst case, I'm sure no one would bother to care if you had the
generator full of fuel plus one or two cans of gas "for your lawnmower"
stored on the premises.  That would get you through at least 24 hours of
continuous use, more if you rationed it out.

Gary