Re: [TenTec] Orion 1QRP

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1QRP
From: "STEVEN KLINE" <skline4@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:08:19 -0500
Tim,

I am running Version 1.372 on my ORION and performed measurements on
80-10 meters into a dummy load, measured with an Array Solutions (WX0B)
Power Master watt meter.  The ORION power was set to 1 on the power
menu.  Measured observations:
80M - 4W
40M - 4W
20M - 3W
15M - 3W
10M - 3W

QRP is defined as 5 watts or less I believe.  Perhaps your watt meter
accuracy is just a little off?  I would conclude from my measurements on
my ORION and into my dummy load that I could operate QRP without
reservation if desired.

Good luck in the contest.

Steve Kline - W5JK