Re: [TenTec] 'puter cables for Argo V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 'puter cables for Argo V
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:32:56 EDT
In a message dated 3/16/2007 11:08:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wwhitman@fastmail.fm writes:
> Dave - I'm using the headphone out and the line in on an IBM notebook
> with the TenTec cable.  You just need to adjust the gain on the line
> input on the computer in Windows.

True, but some new laptops, such as my Dell Latitude D240, have no line
input, only mic in and headphone out.  Those work fine, as long as you adjust
the
audio levels correctly.  BTW, I'm stll using XP.  Haven't found a reason to
convert to Vista, and since it ain't broke I have no plans to fix it.

73,

Ray W2RS