Re: [TenTec] Info about Hercules II

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Info about Hercules II
From: "Gary Strong" <gjstrong@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:33:25 -0500
Duane,
I use the Ameritron 70 amp unit connected in parallel to the deep cycle
battery.  I just turn it on when ever I use the Hercules II.  My
understanding is the hams that use the 10 amp auto charger with the deep
cycle battery just leave them on all the time, even when transmitting.  The
battery acts as a huge capacitor, so I don't think its much of an issue.
Since all the good chargers auto float when the battery is charged, I
believe this seems like a good setup.  I spoke with a contester that had
this setup, and he said it worked great even over a weekend of contesting.

I went with my setup only because I wanted to have the deluxe, with never a
worry about full power available.

Gary