[TenTec] FS/ trade: Ten Tec Delta II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS/ trade: Ten Tec Delta II
From: "NZ8J" <nz8j@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:33:37 -0400
I have a nice condition Ten Tec Delta II transceiver for sale or trade.
This is a 160-10 meter transceiver (also covers the 60 meter band)
Output adjustable 0 to 100 watts. The front panel is excellent, no marks
and all the button labels are nice and crisp no wear on them. The
cabinet has some marks on it, but nothing real bad. This radio has the
Jones filter that is adjustable down to approximately 500hz. It works
very well in conjunction with the PBT. I replaced the backlight in the
display two weeks ago, so that won't be a problem as it is in most of
the Delta II/Argo II radio that have not had it replaced.

There is a problem with it in that sometimes when transmitting, the
power will drop to 5 or 10 watts for no reason and the ALC light will go
out. A very slight finger tap on the cabinet will restore it to full
power. It has to be a cold solder joint, loose cable or something
equally as simple, when I replaced the backlight I took a cursory look
but did not spend much time looking for the problem. I would think with
a little troubleshooting it should be easy to find.

The radio comes with a complete new manual from Ten Tec and a power
cord. I would like to sell the radio for $335 shipped or better yet
trade it for some other smaller more portable radio than the Delta II
is. Let me know what you may have to trade.

Thanks
Tim
NZ8J