Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability
From: Chris Brougham <cbrougham@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:01:39 -0700
Hi Grant,

This is certainly a good suggestion and I'd forgotten about the Ten Tec
try and buy program. I think I really need to isolate where the noise is
coming from, but I'm pretty sure it's a bad power line transformer in my
alley. The thing is it's not always there and some days it's S9.

PS

Thanks also to all the other posters who responded to my question. It's
given me a lot information!

73 Chris VA7CAB

Grant Youngman wrote:
> It depends.  Do you need a blanker, or DSP noise reduction? Or both?   Both
> work well (although there are different opinions on this).  Frankly, the
> only way to know for sure is to try it.  The good thing about T-T is that
> for the cost of shipping you get 30 days to test it and see if it meets your
> needs.
>
> Either the I or II is very good in this regard, but without trying it on
> your specific noise, it's impossible to generalize.
>
> Grant/NQ5T

Chris Brougham