Re: [TenTec] Omni VII results

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII results
From: stoskopf@tri.net
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:08:35 -0500 (CDT)
We don't need a thousand, "Mine works!" comments, but one more.

I'm running an Omni VII from a hill 3 miles away remote.  Also a friend in
Iowa (I'm in KS) is using it via the WEB with success.  His link is via
the WEB thru my cable modem, thru my router, thru a switch, thru a Tranzeo
5.6 GHz LAN link 3 miles, thru a switch to the rig.  The Tranzeo is givin
me a 54 Meg link with internal ping of <1ms.  Everything works as
advertised.

Another friend in IA has tried linking thru a wireless local modem ISP and
the audio pumping makes it unusuable, although he can control the rig.

Only problem is that the FCC requirement that the TX function be disabled
after no PTT for 4 minutes doesn't seem to be implemented.  Or should I
RTFM?

Awaiting Carl's Ethernet program.  May run the SteppIR and rotor via
seperate Ethernet/RS232 box to keep the load off the rig.

Hope this helps the undecided,

N0UU

BTW, rig compares well with the Orion I it sits upon.