Re: [TenTec] Transverter

To: "Charles Stampf" <cestampf@yahoo.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transverter
From: "Dave, K2DP" <k2dp@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:22:37 -0500
HI Charles,

I have had one of these for about 7 years. Works great, but you should plan
on using at least a 3-4 element 6 mtr beam for an antenna and add a Mirage
150 watt final amplifier to the station. 10 watts will work ok on strong
sporadic e skip, but will be tough if conditions aren't just perfect. It
will also be hard to work locals on ground wave who are more than 20-30
miles away. I use my transverter with my OMNI 6+. Great combo.

Have fun and hope to see you on the "magic" band., I've been on 6 since 1963
and have WAS, WAC and am 1 country short of DXCC right now, just with
running a 4 element beam at 45 feet and 150 watts.

73,
Dave, K2DP, St. Louis, MO