[TenTec] Problem with 18 amp Airpax on Corsair II.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Problem with 18 amp Airpax on Corsair II.
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:11:26 EDT
I have discovered a problem in using an 18 amp instant break  Airpax breaker
on my Corsair II.
I want to pass the information on to all on the list.
I had been using a 20 amp fast break Airpax on both my Corsair II and my
OMNI V but, about 4 months ago I bought an 18 amp instant break Airpax just for

my Corsair II.
I was told that was the one to use with the Corsair II.
Well, I started getting reports of distortion on peaks and I thought it
might be the rig but it was not.
I substituted the OMNI V's 20 amp Airpax and put that connector on the  on
the Corsair II.
End of problem.
Seems that the 18 amp instant Airpax could not do the job.
It was not breaking but was acting like a governor on peaks.
I don't know if the problem is the 18 amp limit or the fact that it is
instant break as opposed to fast break.
In any case the 18 amp is no longer available, or so I have been told, so I
will stick to the 20 amp version.
I am going to get another 20 amp fast breaker for the Corsair  II.
Has any one else had this problem?
Hopefully, it is not to late to order one on Bernie's order for the  list.
Any suggestions or input from the gang?
Thanks,
Dan/N4VET