Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 - three different RX mixers?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 - three different RX mixers?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:12:29 -0600
On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 13:33 -0700, Kevin Purcell wrote:
<SNIP>
> Not a great data sheet (there are better out there but I can't find it
> again).
>
> <http://www.datasheet4u.com/html/N/D/4/ND487_CaliforniaEastern.pdf.html>
>
> The specs are very similar to the HP diodes for both forward and
> reverse voltages and switching time. And of course they're all
> matched by design :-)

Actually HP used to claim that Schottky diodes from the same envelope or
batch were very closely matched which is a lot closer than silicon or
germanium junction diodes matched. Remember that the junction in a
Schottky diode is at the interface between metal and a uniform chunk of
doped silicon.

<SNIP>