Re: [TenTec] O II Filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O II Filters
From: Larry DiGioia <listacct@longwire.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:06:59 -0400
I am aware of the supposed attenuation on the narrower filters, and have
tried testing this many times. I am unable to notice any attenuation
except very occasionally with the 300... and I also have heard (here)
that this attenuation is only a problem on Orions, not Orion II's.

In other words, I am quite happy leaving all enabled and auto-select on.
(I should mention that I also seldom use wider than 500 or 600 Hz either.)

RaySoifer@cs.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/19/2007 4:48:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> listacct@longwire.com writes:
>
>> Doesn't anyone but me just leave it on "auto" filter selection?
>>

> I use auto filter selection after I've decided which of the optional filters
> I want to enable.  The narrower the filter, the more insertion loss, so you
> don't want to enable the narrowest filters unless you need them, such as in a
> crowded CW band.
>
> 73,
>
> Ray W2RS

Larry  N8KU