Re: [TenTec] ORION II ver. 2.038k RIT? XIT?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION II ver. 2.038k RIT? XIT?
From: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:24:47 -0400
The + or - 10 thing is what I see at times on my Orion I (v 1.373b5).  I
believe it is the famous (infamous) bad encoder problem.  I can fix it
temporarily by firmly grasping the RIT knob and pulling it out hard and
twisting.

I wrote to TT, and they say it is "probably" something to do with
computer control interference, but I am pretty sure that is not the case
for me.  Other folks have said they get some improvement just by
resoldering the encoder pins on the PCB.  It's not quite bad enough for
me that I'm ready for major surgery, but it is annoying.

73 Martin AA6E