Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 - three different RX mixers?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 - three different RX mixers?
From: Gerry Pement <ve7bgp@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 18:02:49 -0700
00721 has the 2 1496 Ic's on the mixer board so it is the early version
of the Receiver Circuit. Mine has the 223 NB Board. I guess they Changed
to the other version with the Diode Ring Mixer starting with SN 825 when
the required the 223A NB Board. I think the only mod I will do is
Changing the AGC cap to 22uf 35V tantalum Cap. I hope that clears up the
Argosy Mixer postings. I think my Argosy is early 1982 I found one 8217
date code IC in it the rest are 81xx date coded. I still really enjoy
QRP on that Argosy.
73
Gerry VE7BGP