Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 - three different RX mixers?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 - three different RX mixers?
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:05:56 -0700
Wow! I didn't think anyone was going to reply. Not quite enough to
start our own Argosy email list then :-)

And you have a pair of 1496's too.

For the rest of you with Argosy's (particularly the Argosy 1) take
the lid off and see if you can contribute a serial number and a
description. It just takes the time to take the top off and peek inside.

You can read my original email here

<http://lists.contesting.com/_tentec/2007-04/msg00326.html>

The list so far:

525 00721 1496
525 01611 ND487C1
525 02497 ND487C1

Diode ring mixer introduced at Diode Ring Mixer starting with SN 525
00825?

73
N7WIM

On Apr 28, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Gerry Pement wrote:

> Serial#
> 00721 has the 2 1496 Ic's on the mixer board so it is the early
> version
> of the Receiver Circuit. Mine has the 223 NB Board. I guess they
> Changed
> to the other version with the Diode Ring Mixer starting with SN 825
> when
> the required the 223A NB Board. I think the only mod I will do is
> Changing the AGC cap to 22uf 35V tantalum Cap. I hope that clears
> up the
> Argosy Mixer postings. I think my Argosy is early 1982 I found one
> 8217
> date code IC in it the rest are 81xx date coded. I still really enjoy
> QRP on that Argosy.
> 73
> Gerry VE7BGP

N7WIM / G8UDP