[TenTec] Omni 6

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 12:38:31 -1000
Not to change the subject from the Orion software bugs,
But I picked up a Omni 6 factory opt 3 that was on its
way to the dump.
It has existed in salt air enviroment and the major problem
is the cabinet and panel is pitted.  Parts are on order for
that,  but I have a problem with SSB audio,  I have not
enough audio to create any power out, if I whistle or
blow on the mic power goes to 100w, but at normal
speech there is no output,  I can hear faint audio in another
receiver so its there.  Also if engaging the compressor
there is no audio even if I whistle in the mic. Any hints or
ideas?   The TX audio board is no longer available,
if any one has one for sale appreciate letting me know,
its Rev D..
Also looking for some 9 MHZ filters for N1 and N2.
Somewhat limited on test gear out here, and no other
active hams on the island.  Thanks 73 Merv K9FD/KH6