Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion? - Correction

To: n9dg@yahoo.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion? - Correction
From: Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <eric@elecraft.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 11:33:20 -0700
Hi Duane,

A couple of corrections to your posting. Lyle, our DSP expert, is a full
salaried member of the Elecraft engineering staff. He was also deeply
involved in -all- of the K3 design from the start. He is also a major
contributor to the AMSAT satellite CPUs and the hpsdr group. (Both of
those as a volunteer.)

Almost all of the K3 was designed by our in-house engineering team. We
certainly did use consultants for  design review and some design
enhancements (just like on the K2) and that's why they are listed in
specific design area's on our FAQ. Being located next to Silicon Valley
provides us with a wide set of experts to draw from.

Also, we have a very strong s/w-f/w staff.  If you look closely at our
products, including the K2 and K3, you will see an abundance of embedded
microprocessors in the designs. :-)

73, Eric   WA6HHQ
Elecraft