[TenTec] 2.039d

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.039d
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 09:01:57 -0700
I loaded 2.039d for the Orion II and found it work as advertised.  Here are the
changes in the latest edition:

2.039d

Band register selection now remembered on each band.

Modified AGC Slope to give provide maximum gain if FLAT is selected.

Corrected audio roll-off in Voice Recorder.

Modified AGC to make it less sensitive to short duration RF pops.

The band register now works the way we were used to, that is, when you go back
to a previous band, you are on the register last used on that band.

I haven't been using the AGC slope, so I didn't notice much of a difference
even though 'Flat' is the setting I use.

The voice recorder sounds dramatically better!

So far, the new AGC modification seems to work very well, although I can't
easily articulate the difference.  You can set the hang time at zero and the
level changes very fast, but it's not distorted like in the first version of
attack mod.

Now...changes I would like to see next:

    FIX S-METER!

    PUT NOTCH IN AGC LOOP!