Re: [TenTec] Orion I 2.061f

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I 2.061f
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:55:35 -0500
After seeing some interesting things at Dayton, I was really happy to see the
new Orion V2.061f release and the list of issues that have been addressed.

1. The line level output has been restored to its previous level - good for
soundcard input on digital modes.
2. The "lost gain" is back when the "flat" AGC setting is used. That's very
helpful for situations where "negative gain" receive-only antennas are used.
3. The "pop" on the trailing edge of the side-tone is gone. Sounds good!
4. The frequency response on the digital voice recorder sounds much better.
5. The band-stacking registers seem to be working fine. Returning to a band
takes you back to the last used frequency.
6. Well, there goes the "secret code messaging" - no more CW on the SSB voice
peaks :-)
7. My testing indicates the "code to recall antenna presets when using serial
mode commands" isn't working - separate from the issue of the Orion frequency
display not being updated to the correct frequency until you change the VFO
knob one "position." I'd be interested in someone else's results with the
antenna presets.

Thanks Ten-Tec for addressing a number of issues with the V2 Orion code with
V2.061f!
73, Merle - W0EWM