[TenTec] Kon Tiki; Call: LI2B

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Kon Tiki; Call: LI2B
From: "Bill Harris" <W7KXB@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 20:25:43 -0700
Bob:
I remember the National ads in QST (around 1947).  Full page with a picture of
the raft and the NC-173   Does anyone remember what Thor used to power the
equipment?? They were adrift for quite some time (3 months?) and lead acid
batteries would need charging after a few day's from operating the 173, not to
mention the transmitter. Their back up xmtr was qrp, (British Mark II) powered
by a hand crank generator. I believe he had two radio techs/ops with him. (What
were their calls???)  That's about all I can remember
 Carry-on
KXBill