Re: [TenTec] Installing new Firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Installing new Firmware
From: jmalloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 23:40:45 -0400
Art Lewis wrote:
> Just a few questions about downloading and installing new firmware in my
> Orion . The manual does not seem to give you any steps other than attaching
> the serial cable between the computer and radio.
>
> I have downloaded version 2.062a to my hard drive. I now have 2.060b
> installed in the Orion. It was done at Ten Tec. They also made the version 2
> hardware changes.
>
> Questions:
> Do you have the radio on or off during the firmware installation? If on do
> you have it set to any particular Frequency or mode? How long should this
> procedure take? Are there any other steps that I am missing?
>
> I know this seems like simple questions, but I would like to have some idea
> of what I am doing before I start. Hi Hi..

Art, to update the firmware, you should start your Orion I by pressing
the User 2 key and turning the power on, keeping the User 2 key pressed
until you see Flash Update Mode on the Orion's screen.  Then start the
upload from your computer to the radio.  Ten-Tec presents this
information in the README file on the site.  Good luck -- I'm quite
happy with 2.062a, I hope you will be!

73,

Joe, W2RBA