Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - duty cycle for digital modes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - duty cycle for digital modes
From: Fred Lemley <flemley@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:30:15 -0700 (PDT)
Jeremy,

I have the optional fan from TenTec mounted on my heatsink and can run
any power level I choose with it with no overheating.  What you have to
be careful about is the audio drive...on the Jupiter, whatever power
level you're running make sure the ALC light is just barely flashing
and your signal should be fairly clean.

I would suggest testing with someone close to your location and let
them monitor the "waterfall" and give you a signal report...everytime I
change power levels I verify that I'm just barely lighting the ALC
lamp.  I've had no complaints so far with power levels up to 100
watts...YMMV.  Good luck and have fun with your Jupiter...I certainly
have.

Fred
K5QBX