Re: [TenTec] [orion565] Good idea...

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [orion565] Good idea...
From: "Bruce McLaughlin" <bmclaugh@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:15:48 -0400
I am a new Orion 2 Owner.  But I certainly agree with you.  The Orion 2
works and works well.  No crashes or other, obvious failures - bugs - or
the like.  A few features don't work quite as I might wish but for the
most part they do work quite well.

I think any computer program that is updated or patched from time to
time can probably be accused of having some odd looking code here and
there.  I can only imagine what Microsoft XP looks like after the
gazillion patches it has had.  If the code was entirely re-written from
top to bottom I will bet there would be a host of new bugs, some of
which might well be very unfriendly.

Compared to some of the horror stories I read about the early code for
the Orion I, I think Ten Tec has come a long way.  It deserves some
patience.  It has every incentive to make the Orion the best it can be
if for no other reason than competition.  Careful software development
is methodical and time consuming.  I'd much rather have it done right
than done fast.

Bruce - W8FU