[TenTec] re Lightning Strike Results...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] re Lightning Strike Results...
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:47:31 +0000
I have carried the ARRL-Marsh insurance for a few years now. I have never had a problem, and I have never heard of this business of having to insure every single item. No one in their right mind would insure a $20 swr bridge. I only list my gear with them that cost me more than $500. On everything else, I keep my fingers crossed and will eat the damage if anything happens. Never had a problem with that. My annual premium is around $100.

A few years ago I lost (for the second time) the h.v. xformer in my Centurion. I got the Dahl replacement which cost around $300 and since the amp was at TT, had them put it in. The whole cost added up to approx. $500. I filed a claim with Marsh, expecting it to be denied for some picky reason in the fine print, but what the heck, you don't know until you try right?, and to my pleasant surprise they covered everything, sent a check, no hassles at all.

73

rob / k5uj