[TenTec] 60 meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 60 meters
From: Randy Hargenrader <k4qo@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:31:02 -0400
I have found that new hams (ie: new Generals) have a problem with the
terms used to describe the channels... ie: "tuning frequency"...  I know
one fellow who remarked to me, "Thats pretty cool! - they give us the
frequency we can tune our transmitters up on!..." !!!

Seems to me that it would be less confusing to say the frequency you set
on the radio dial and say "USB only".  Anything else is too
complicated.  Forget the "nominal frequency", etc... we aren't a
technical bunch any more!  Oh, don't get me started on the 50 watt ERP
subject! hi!

73,
Randy
K4QO