Re: [TenTec] Argonauts

To: waltk8cv4612amos@att.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonauts
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:38:06 -0700 (PDT)
Sounds like a fun rig. Picked up a Triton IV today and it is a neat rig. When I
was living in Lansing, Mich I had a 509 rig hooked up to a 3 element beam. I
remember getting a report of 20 over 9 in Texas on 10 meters with 2.5 watts.
The guy in Texas had a CB handi talkie that he had converted to 10 meters and
only a telescoping antenna and he was really banging into Lansing. Those where
the days in 1979.
Paul, KD3JF

waltk8cv4612amos@att.net wrote: Dave:

    I have a 515 that is pretty mint for a rig that old. Small paint chip on
the right top front about the size of a pin head. But alas, it has been
modified to include a TT 500 Hz cw filter inside that is within the agc
loop. It has an added jack on the back for a OHR DD-1 frequency readout. It
has a TT box that alas is WHITE with a keyer, ssb and cw audio filters and
speech processor installed in it. I have a genuine TT calibrator but also in
a white box. It could be yours for $450 ! I have all the books and stuff.No
matching supply but it runs off any 13.8 volt supply.

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.