Re: [TenTec] One more essential Scout accessory

To: wb2vuf@arrl.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] One more essential Scout accessory
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:20:15 EDT
Bob
The construction of the VOLTAGE BOOSTER I got was excellent. They will send
you a picture of the internals if you request it. I was originally looking at
building my own but the cost differential made it an easy choice to buy it
assembled and not have to search high and low for the parts.

I will either run off of a pair of 17 Ah gells or off the car battery. At
home I have a pair of Trojan T-105 golf cart batteries in series for my
Hercules
 II amp and can run the Scout off of those when we lose power (which is
often) and at 13.8 v. I really think Ten Tec should consider if not offering
these for sale, recommending them for field use.

Running the Scout at 5 watts you should get several hours of operation on
the 7 Ah battery.

I agree with you about reducing power loss thru improved connections and
proper wire size.

Alan KB7MBI