[TenTec] CAT interfacing for Argonaut II/Delta II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CAT interfacing for Argonaut II/Delta II
From: Bob Towers <mm0rkt@beeb.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:31:08 +0100
For any of you who are having problems, here my experience....

I struggled with the 305 serial interface level controller and just
couldn't get it to talk to my PC, so I bought a cheap Icom CI-V serial
interface cable (female DB9 to mono 1/8" jack) from EBay and played
around with that. Eventually I got it to work. Here's the settings:

Icom IC-736 emulation
serial protocol 1200 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit
DTR on (it powers the interface electronics)
RTS on
TX/RX address 40 hex
Control E0 hex

The only thing it won't do is switch the PTT line via software, so I do
that via a second COM port on the PC.

You can get USB CI-V interface cables pretty cheaply on EBay. I'll use
one to switch the PTT when I use my one-COM-port laptop.

Hope this helps.

73

Bob Towers
MM0RKT