Re: [TenTec] Jones filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jones filters
From: Bill Cotter <n4alg@qx.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:27:49 -0400
I purchased a like-new Scout several years ago, and the Jones
filter never seemed to work very well - poor selectivity, CF too
high, etc. I sent it back to TenTec, and they replaced the radio's
microprocessor. They said that the uP for each radio is matched
with a 'graded' Jones filter, and mine was mismatched. When I
received it back, I could not believe it was the same radio. The
filter was a delight to use.

73 bill n4lg

At 01:21 PM 8/1/2007, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Ron is correct. The Jones filter works quite well in the Scout
>Gotta know how to play with your toys
>
>Ron
>K3MIY

Bill Cotter, N4LG             E-mail: n4alg@qx.net
173 Carolyn Lane               Home: (859) 887-5563
Nicholasville, KY 40356-9340   Work: (859) 323-6474

ARRL   ARCI #9878   QRPl #1646   QCWA #29393   FISTS #4535