[TenTec] delta II project radio for sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] delta II project radio for sale
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:45:12 -0400
Boys...

I am cleaning the shack and going through a lot of stuff that I no
longer want or need.

I put a bunch up on that famous auction site the other day.

But before I put this one up there, I'll see if there is anyone here
that would be interested

what I have is a Ten Tec Delta II. With a problem.

first off the display, backlight work great. The EL lamp has been
replaced.

The PA was repaired and puts out 100+ watts on all bands.

Now as for the problem...

The BFO or one of the other oscillators, has an problem. Sometime
there's injection, sometimes there not. When the thing decided to
work, the radio receives and transmits just fine. when the bfo
decides to stop, the receiver will only pick up AM (no bfo required)
and of course there's no TX without the BFO.

I've looked and looked and shelved this radio. When I dig it out, I
can't get the thing to fault to track down the problem. Thinking I
had found it the last time on the bench, I 'd put in in line and then
ten minutes later it would quit. Putting it back on the bench and
start digging into it, it would start working again. Agggrrrrr!!

It seems if you just touch one or two of the pcbs on the bottom, the
thing pops up... I've looked and poked and poked some more and I just
got bored and put it back on the shelf.

I got $275 in it with what parts I have installed to fix the pa and
the first mixers.

I'll help with some of the shipping too.

anyone interested pop me a email directly

It goes to the auction in the sky sunday night if it does not leave
the shack before then

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced