Re: [TenTec] Argo V Serial Port

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V Serial Port
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:20:00 -0700 (PDT)
Please let me know what you find out as I am hoping to some day have a Argo.

Paul Gates, KD3JF

"Jeff Davis, KE9V" <ke9vee@gmail.com> wrote: I finally got around trying to
connect my new Argo V to the computer.

The DB-9 on the back appears to be incorrect -- or non-standard
anyway. I'm familiar with a shell that has five pins on the wide part
of the connector and four pins on the narrow part.

The connector on my Argo V is reversed. There are four holes on the
wide part of the connector and five holes on the narrow part. I have
to believe this is a factory assembly error as no "off the shelf"
cable is going to work with this connector.

A picture's worth a thousand words (high-res):

http://ke9v.net/img/argo-port.jpg

Anyone else seen this? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks for any info.

73 de Jeff, KE9V