Re: [TenTec] Single Sweep Spectrum Display

To: <john@johnhuggins.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Single Sweep Spectrum Display
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:48:22 -0500
John:

I just purchased a new Omni VII this week.  Yes, it is a single sweep
display.  It works quite nice however, I purchased the VII because of other
and more important features like being able to tailor the RX bandwidth, and
TX bandwidth, do some audio shaping both on RX and TX, the fine QSK, NR, AN,
and other features, such as FM, AM and direct FSK.  The receiver is
absolutely top notch in performance.  Plus has 6M coverage.  Love the
adjustable bandwidth with the digital filters.  Easy to interface with my
QSK amp.  Nice display that's easy to read and understand.  Well written
manual.

I sold my Omni VI Plus station with 5 optional filters and traded in my
Paragon II station for the Omni VII.

If I need a spectral display, I'll turn on my HP spectrum analyzer. All the
spectral displays found in ham radios are just toys.

Buy one, you won't be sorry.

73
Bob, K4TAX