Re: [TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:04:33 -0400
thanks mike, i found out that the shure 444 mic that works with my corsair also
works with my paragon II - so the pinouts are the same - now i have a different
problem - my audio peaks on tha paragon with the shure mic are much lower than
the corsair with the same mic. for instance when i give a quick whistle into
the mic in usb i'm only getting about 80 watts out on the patagon - even lower
on 40 meters. the corsair is over 100 watts - i'm wondering if the mic has
something to do with it, could be that the input mic impedances between the
radios, even though they are both ten tecs are different - that is what i'm
hoping - man i wish i had the paragon manual.> From: k9mi@sbcglobal.net> To:
tentec@contesting.com> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:50:31 +0000> Subject: Re:
[TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?> > John, pin 1 should be mic audio> pin
2 Grnd> pin 3 PTT> Pin 4 +4 volts dc> > What I have is an Omni V, but I think
all 4 pin Ten Tec connections are the > same.> > 73 Mike K9MI> > > -----
Original Message ----- > From: "john ferro" <foxbat426@hotmail.com>> To:
<tentec@contesting.com>> Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 00:45> Subject:
[TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?> > > > hi sorry for the stupid queston,
but i don't have a manual for my paragon II > (anyday now) and i want to see if
it transmits - will a corsair mic work > with a paragon II? or are the pinouts
different? when i key my corsair mic > into the paragon - i hear a relay kick
off then when i key again nothing! > i'm tuning up into AM mode on the paragon
II with the rf power turned way > down. tia, john>