Re: [TenTec] low voice peaks on paragon II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] low voice peaks on paragon II
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:31:46 -0500
John, I have never used a Shure 444 with my Ten Tec gear but have had
excellent reports with one on my National NCX-5 and my Icom 202.  Most
444s I have seen have a switch on the bottom that lets you select high
or low impedance output.  I would try checking that mic out with the
switch in both positions.  There is another switch that selects VOX or
Push to Talk.  I normally use an amplified Astatic D104 with my Ten Tecs
  as those give me excellent reports with my deep bass voice.  The Shure
mics are excellent and I would give it a try on the air to see what sort
of audio reports you get.

Steve WA9JML