[TenTec] OMNI VII Another Split issue

To: Ten Tec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VII Another Split issue
From: Ernie Piche N1SW <n1sw@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:18:49 -0400
_I started this thread on the OMNI VII Yahoo list but though I would
repeat it here in case there are those that don't belong to the Yahoo
list. Thanks_

Gang, I wonder if you might try an exercise?

1- Turn on the 'Recall Sub' function then go to any band like 20 meters
and any band register like A.
2- Make VFO B some other frequency and press split.
3- Change to any other band and return to 20 meters.

When you return it goes back into split.

4- Turn split off and change bands again!
5- Come back to 20 meters and it goes back into split even though the
last time on the band you turned split OFF.

EVERY time you return to that 20 meter band register it comes back as
split. The only way
to stop it is to turn off the 'Recall Sub' function then when you turn
split off it stays
off upon returning to 20 meters.

I think the idea of having everything in memory be recalled when you
store something or recall something using V>M or M<V is a GREAT thing
but I don't think it should be the same for band registers. It becomes a
pain in the butt to always have to press split OFF when you return to
that band register every time. Even if you turn it OFF and cycle through
the four band registers for that band, when you get back to A it is in
split AGAIN. It seems to me that if you turn split off on any band
register it should stay OFF unless you turn it back on. Again the only
way to clear it is to turn 'Recall Sub' OFF and then set split 'OFF'. If
you don't turn 'Recall Sub' back on anything you add to any memory will
not retain all the data!

Suppose you are operating in a contest and set split 'ON' to work a
station and then turn it off to work other station, now suppose you
change bands and continue operating and then return to the previous
band. BANG you are back in split and if you hit the CQ button on your
contest software you are transmitting split. I don't think we should
have to worry about pushing more buttons every time we change bands!

Obviously I don't see the logic to this feature, but this is only my
opinion! If you agree please respond to this thread and I am sure John
Henry can pass this on to Scott W4PA, the product manager, to get it
changed if you feel like I do.

Comments encouraged and welcomed!

Thanks
Ernie