Re: [TenTec] Fuses vs. breakers...again

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fuses vs. breakers...again
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:03:22 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks John for your info .... I have used the Airpax breakers when I install
my Triton IV in the vehicle . They are manufactured in Cambridge, MD about  60
miles from here on the Eastern Shore of Md. At least that is one of their
factories if they have more than one.

john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com wrote: "There was a discussion about the
relative speeds of circuit breakers
versus fuses on this reflector some time ago. I stated that my gut
feeling was that fuses might very well be much quicker responding, based
on less mass having to move a shorter distance in order for the circuit
to be interrupted. I was told that my gut feeling was wrong, wrong,
wrong. "

Yes, the proper Airpax breakers are faster.    I can't point you to the specs
(though a quick
trip to the airpax site would probably get you what you need), but I can tell
you first hand,
that my 20A airpax ALWAYS opens to protect a 3A fuse that's in a series leg off
the 20A
Airpax....(if that 3A leg is short circuited).

John K5MO