Re: [TenTec] Tuning Rigs

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuning Rigs
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:30:35 -0500
I fully agree with Jerry on this one.  It should be a requirement for every
ham station to have some type of reliable antenna bridge and a dummy load.
Then use the bridge to adjust the antenna or the tuner and use the dummy
load to adjust the amp.  Connect the amp to the tuner or antenna and you are
on the air and no QRM generated.

Day after day on the nets that I participate the "tuner uppers" jump on
frequency and twiddle and twiddle.  Oh the auto notch takes care of the
heterodyne but it still sucks the AGC.  The FCC considers this deliberate
QRM.  Ask yourself, are you operating legally?

73
Bob, K4TAX