Re: [TenTec] 14,220 noise

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 14,220 noise
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 21:25:02 -0400
You must be listening to a different signal than what I'm copying.  What I'm
currently hearing (
0120z) on 14220kHz is a signal that is S7 to S9+ here in Chattanooga coming
from a heading of around
280 degrees.  There is no music or language. There is no detectable carrier,
much like ssb.
Listening in the ssb mode, there is something that sounds like 60 Hz AC hum and
some other type of
modulation that appears as a series of semingly random pulses.  Bandwith
appears to be around 2kHz.

Ted W4NZ