[Orion] OMNI VII keyer upgrade

To: Ten Tec Orion Reflector <orion@contesting.com>,Tentec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>,TT ditsnbits <ditsnbits@tentec.com>
Subject: [Orion] OMNI VII keyer upgrade
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:51:44 -0500
 To: the list and ditsnbits-
I have an OMNI VII with the 300 Hz filter, this is a super rig on CW. Easy to
use, hot receiver, and excellent DSP. I also have an ORION II it is also
equipped with a narrow filter for CW. It can pick out signals that I don't know
are there until I start utilizing all of its receiver controls.
 My issue is the OMNI VII keyer. To me the weighting adjustments are not
sufficient to allow  it to produce CW characters that match the ORION II. I'd
like to see the CW weighting function be increased from 24% max to match the
ORION II. I run the ORION II at 150% weighting. Next to it the OMNI VII sounds
choppy.
 In addition, what are the chances of adding a simple memory keyer function to
the OMNI VII keyer- three memories like the ORION II.
 Any suggestions?

73 de Dave in NH  K1OPQ