Re: [TenTec] Audio quality issue in Heil headset with Omni V

To: "Rick Denney" <rwd@iteris.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Audio quality issue in Heil headset with Omni V
From: <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:33:32 -0000
Rick,
I use the Heil headset pro using the dx5 element. One thing I've found to
quiet down a bit of a hum in them, is turn the tone control fully counter
clockwise. My speech monitor does a really good job at around 1/2-3/4 open.
This was really a nice suprise to have the monitor since the Omni 6 opt 3
does not have that feature.

Ok, sorry I've read a little more Rick. It's 4am and I can't get to sleep so
excuse me if I miss something you've said. Is the mic adapter one purchased
from Heil for Ten Tec 4 pin, or one that has been reworked? Either way I'm
sure it's right, but just trying to see the differences between mine and
yours, if any.

Is the sound ok coming thru another speaker with the headphones off. Not
sure if you have a hand mic, I don't. So I'm hearing through the headset all
the time I'm operating.I'll fire the rig up and see if I notice anything. My
only nusiance has been having the tone control turned up. I don't notice any
difference on the tone setting when I use the speaker in the 960ps. If I can
thing of anything else, I'll send it along. My doctor gave me a prescription
for Prednizone, so I'm wired and my blood sugar jumped to 274, so I doubt I
get any sleep tonight.

73, Mike K9MI