Re: [TenTec] RX340 - reduction in price

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX340 - reduction in price
From: Augie Hansen <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:37:07 -0600
> I was wondering if anyone has any theories as to why the price went down
> until further notice? I'm just a stupid engineer with no marketing skills.
> Just curious.

My theory: A while back Scoot Robbins said in an email reply

All of our spare resources are being put into launching the
already-overdue RX-400 for the professional communications and military
market shortly.

Given that goal, I'm sure they want to sell off their remaining stock of
older model equipment before introducing the new receiver.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH