Re: [TenTec] Purpose of 250 Hz 8 pole filters

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Purpose of 250 Hz 8 pole filters
From: "Rick, NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:42:53 -0500
Anyone who feels 250 Hz filters are unnecessary should try contesting on 40m
in Europe, where the entire band is just 100 kHz wide (though it's in
process of expanding now).

I regularly ran both 250 Hz filters on my Omni VI+ during CQWW CW, etc., on
40m.  I probably never ran both on 20m or above, but I did often use one on
these bands.

Most of the time, when casually working the bands, not contesting, I only
use 500 Hz.

Clearly, its "horses for courses".  If you don't need em, don't buy them,
but please don't try to convince the manufacturers that nobody else needs
them, because that is clearly wrong!

The nice thing about the Ten-Tec rigs is they enabled the choice of so many
filters.  Before the Omni V came out, that was very rare.

73
Rick,
NJ0IP / DJ0IP